- Published: Thursday, 06 April 2017 13:24
- Published: Tuesday, 15 September 2015 20:32
To sign or support the appeal, please send us back the name of your organization
- Published: Wednesday, 08 April 2015 13:12
GRAIN and LVC published a booklet: "New publication - Seed laws that criminalise farmers: resistance and fightback".
You can download the paper
- Published: Tuesday, 04 August 2015 13:50
Forum of the Outdoor Laboratories for Agrobiodiversity
in Montpellier April 30, 2015 - from 14:00 to 17:30
- Published: Thursday, 11 December 2014 16:24
European Coordination for Let's Liberate Diversity!
The European Coordination for Let's Liberate Diversity! (EC-LLD) is an international non-profit organization created in 2012 with the objective to coordinate the positions and actions of national networks and other members to encourage, develop and promote the dynamic management of biodiversity on farm and in gardens.
EC-LLD draws its origins and inspiration from the annual gatherings of the European movement on agricultural biodiversity known as the Let's Liberate Diversity! Forums. The first edition of the forum took place in 2005 in Poitiers, France. Since then the LLD forums have become a tradition and they are organized each year in a different European country. The second forum was hosted by Spain (2006), followed by subsequent editions in Germany (2007), Italy (2008), Austria (2010), Hungary (2011), Scotland (2012) and Switzerland (2013). A workshop was organized in 2014 at London during the Seed festival.
The main focuses of EC-LLD are:
- The promotion and development of farmers' seeds on farms and gardens:
- The exchange and dissemination of knowledge and expertise associated with farmers' seeds, their use, and promotion;
- The collection, translation, and dissemination of existing information;
- Training and stocktaking;
- Experimentation and research;
- The advocacy of a legislative framework favorable to farmers' rights as well as gardeners' and small seed companies' rights over agricultural biodiversity.
Membership is open to any organization that shares the values and objectives of the Coordination.
At the moment the members of EC-LLD are the following organizations:
- the Scottish Crofting Federation (Scotland)
- Pro Specie Rara (Switzerland)
- Réseau Semences Paysannes (France)
- BEDE (France)
- Red de Semillas “ Resembrando e Intercambiando” (Spain)
- Centro Internazionale Crocevia - CIC (Italy)
- Rete Semi Rurali (Italy)
- Dachverband Kulturpflanzen- und Nutztiervielfalt e. V. Dachverband (Germany)
- SEED (Luxembourg)
- Aegilops (Greece)
- RMRM - Réseau Meuse-Rhin-Moselle (Belgium)
You can download the official statute of EC-LLD in English or French.